Antivirus ?

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Wed May 12 18:06:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:36:36 -0700, Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com> wrote:

>Yeah.. That's what I thought.. How do I set fetchmail to poll the server
>say every 2 minutes? (I really got to find that out.. Now, I'm just
>thinking of setting crontab entry to pull it every 2 min
> (0-59/2 * * * * fetchmymail.sh)

The typical list response is "man fetchmail".  <grin>  However, it's really
easy.

1.  Create .fetchmailrc in your home directory.  I use the very verbose
format.

$ more .fetchmailrc
  poll mypopserver.com proto pop3
      user "account1", with password xxxxx, is "steve" here nokeep;
      user "acciunt2", with password xxxxxx, is "steve" here nokeep;

2. Run fetchmail from cron

   */2 * * * * fetchmail -q

or run in it daemon mode

   fetchmail -q -d 120

(or add the daemon command in .fetchmailrc)

I prefer the cron mode because fetchmail will always run.  If the daemon dies,
then you're SOL.
--
   Steve