More fun with LDAP

I'm hoping there's somebody out there with some LDAP experience. I've run across something for which I haven't found an answer on Google.

I recently tried to use the passwd lock function on an account and received the following:

[root testbox root]$ passwd -l tuser
Locking password for user tuser.
passwd: Error (password not set?)

The username exists and I can login as that user. I can also change the user's password without any problems.

[root testbox root]$ passwd tuser
Changing password for user tuser.
New password:
Retype new password:
LDAP password information changed for tuser
passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.

Any ideas?

-- ----------------------------------------------------- Mark Hoover mahoover ispaceonline org