How stable is fedora?

William Penton wmp1784 at exchange.uta.edu
Wed May 12 21:36:51 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 13:39, Phil Schaffner wrote:

> It's my preferred OS, and has developed amazingly, but some users,
> particularly non-technical desk-top types are still better off on
> Windoze (or Mac - at least OS X is Unix-based) for now.  Changing fast,
> so hopefully this will no longer be true in the not-so-distant future.

I agree.  I have been using linux for about three years now(I just dove into
it with no experience at first), and I the two biggest things I noticed right
off was that:

1) extreamly compatible with all of my off brand (dirt cheap) equiptment with
little/no configuration

and
2) the Noobie learning curve was a little high (took me over a week to figure
out the entire file system structure).  but now when I look at the new GUIs
(Gnome and KDE) out there I am able to sit my little sister down at the
computer and she is able to figure out everything with no problem whatsoever

--
"Captain, life is not a dream."