needs advice

Randy Kelsoe randykel at swbell.net
Thu May 13 05:33:21 UTC 2004

Robert Jasinski wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>I'm a old (67)newbie who has just installed fc1 (about 2 wks ago) and I
>couldn't be more tickled if you attacked me with a feather.  Except for
>printing which is mostly equipment problems.  I am planing to replace my
>Lexmark Z22 with a multi function printer and need to know from people
>who have them which one is best.  I also need to have a dot matrix
>printer to print multi part forms.  I haven't been able to get my
>Panasonic KX-P1124i to work properly under Linux so I'll need a
>replacement for it.  I hope someone can help.   Thanks   Bob

Try looking at  http://www.linuxprinting.org/suggested.html

Last time I looked, Lexmark Laser printers had good support, but their
inkjets had poor support (from Lexmark, for linux).

For the Impact printer, look at:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Panasonic-KX-P1124

I don't know if there is a difference between the 1124 and the 1124i,
but the above link is for the 1124.