kmail crashing - how to uninstall?

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Thu May 13 12:22:15 UTC 2004

On May 12, 2004 at 22:14, Rory Gleeson in a soothing rage wrote:

>I've been having a problem of kmail crashing (signal 11) in Gnome or KDE
>desktop in  Fedora Core 2 Test 3 since installation.  It opens and then
>immediately crashes every time.
You are asking on the wrong list, fedora-test-list is the
appropiate list for this.

>I'd like to uninstall it but it seems like it's bundled on the isos with
>other kde programs.
>
>Can someone tell me what KDE file kmail in bundled in?  And is it safe
>to uninstall it, as I don't know what else is bundled with it.
Man rpm. Man which. It is as simple as doing:

rpm -qf `which kmail`

>I'm thinking of removing that package and them downloading that package
>from the development tree and installing it, to see if it resolves any
>issues.
I don't think if should. It may be a problem with the aktual
mail itself.

BTW, to the other folks who answered, kmail moved from kdenetwork
to kdepim.

N.Emile...
I hate trolls.  Maybe I could metamorph it into something else -- like a
ravenous, two-headed, fire-breathing dragon.
		-- Willow
 08:17:59  up 53 days, 20:50,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00