Email client for Exchange

Michael Weiner hunter at userfriendly.net
Thu May 13 12:39:58 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 08:26, Dave Cross wrote:
> See, I knew at the time I should have written it all down so I could
> share it with others later. But I didn't listen to myself and now I
> can't remember :(
>
> I know that I tried to use redcarpet, but that it didn't work. RC is
> clever enough to know that if you're using Fedore then you shouldn't
> try to install Connector (as it's unsupported) and it therefore doesn't
> show you the channel.
>
> However, I was able to download the RH9 rpm from
>
>   http://ftp.ximian.com/pub/ximian-connector/
>
> But on checking today I see that this URL has closed down. I guess
> that's something to do with the GPL announcements yesterday. I've
> put it on my site at
>
>   http://dave.org.uk/rpm/
>
> Then rpm wouldn't install it because some files were missing. A bit
> of work on rpmfind.net showed me the RH9 rpms that I was missing. I
> grabbed them (There were one or two of them) from the RH9 ftp site
> and it all worked.

thats ok i appreciate the information you provided. Anyway, i managed to
install redcarpet on FC1 and it runs flawlessly, but as you pointed out,
rc is smart and wont allow you to subscribe to a channel for a distro you
are not running - LOL. Also, try dumping your history for the user you were
doing the connector work as, you might find that all your commands and such
are in your history if you keep it.

Thanks for your response and URL
Michael Weiner