yum - slightly OT

mmarkiw at speakeasy.net mmarkiw at speakeasy.net
Thu May 13 13:47:23 UTC 2004

Hi all,

The company I work for is looking to move an older server to a more modern system running a version of Linux.  One of the big selling points that I've been able to use is yum because of its incredibly easy to use interface and speed of patching known defects.

I'm charged with taking some spare PCs we have around here and setting up some different distros as demonstrations.  I'd like to set up an FC2T3 machine to show Red Hat's offering.  But my experience with other distros is kind of lacking.  What other systems include yum, apt, or another console based update tool?

Thanks!
-Mike