IBM 300pl, install yarrow.

Ed Jones home-fedora at edjones.org
Thu May 13 15:49:27 UTC 2004

I don't have a 300PL. However, I'm running FC1 on an IBM 300GL (similar
vintage, I reckon) with great success - I had to specify the boot order in
the BIOS to set the CD to boot first, and flashed the BIOS to the latest
version (which was released in 2000, IIRC) from
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?brandind=7&familyind=50025&machineind=0&operatingsystemind=49976&template=%2Fproductselection%2Flandingpages%2FdownloadsDriversLandingPage.vm&validate=true

(forgive the long link) - you'll need to fill in the bottom two dropdown
boxes with your type and model numbers.

Ther than that, FC1's running perfectly happily on a PII 350MHz / 128Mb. It
even copes with large Hard disks - I've got a 60Gb and a 120Gb drive in the
machine.

Double-check your install media - if in doubt, burn another copy of the
ISO - I've seen some CD-ROM drives being more forgiving of errors than
others.

Ed