Re: Need help installing DVDR drive. BIOS sees it, but Fedora won't detect it.

Apollo's list account írta:
Hi,
I have NEC ND-2500 DVD-/+R. I had regular DVD drive before and I removed it and replaced it with this new drive. Unfortunately I can't even watch any DVDs with it or reord any DVDRs.
/mnt/cdrom is there and does show audio/video folders, but MPlayer can't access /dev/dvd

Any help would be appreciated!

Create a symlink:

# ln -s /dev/cdrom /dev/dvd

Or change MPlayer preferences to use /dev/cdrom instead of /dev/dvd.