[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: single linux box on dsl?



No, I mean like this:

$ nmap localhost

Starting nmap 3.48 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2004-05-13 15:17
EDT
Interesting ports on globex.kotisprop.com (127.0.0.1):
(The 1655 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT    STATE SERVICE
22/tcp  open  ssh
631/tcp open  ipp
                                                                                Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.478 seconds

$ netstat --inet -lnp
(Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
 will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address        
State PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*              
LISTEN -
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:631           0.0.0.0:*              
LISTEN -
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:631             0.0.0.0:* -
raw        0      0 0.0.0.0:1               0.0.0.0:*               7 -

Nope, X is not running on port 6000.


On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 15:18, Guy Fraser wrote:
> Do you mean like this?
> 
> $ nmap localhost
> 
> Starting nmap 3.48 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2004-05-13 13:14 MDT
> Interesting ports on sigurd.incentre.net (127.0.0.1):
> (The 1652 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
> PORT      STATE SERVICE
> 22/tcp    open  ssh
> 25/tcp    open  smtp
> 631/tcp   open  ipp
> 6000/tcp  open  X11
> 10000/tcp open  snet-sensor-mgmt
> 
> Wait a minute, what is that thing on Port 6000/tcp ?
> 
> How about this?
> 
> $ sudo netstat --inet -lnp
> Active Internet connections (only servers)
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         
> State       PID/Program name
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:6000            0.0.0.0:*               
> LISTEN      906/X
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:10000           0.0.0.0:*               
> LISTEN      883/perl
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               
> LISTEN      678/sshd
> tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:631           0.0.0.0:*               
> LISTEN      3938/cupsd
> tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:25            0.0.0.0:*               
> LISTEN      735/sendmail: accep
> udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:10000           
> 0.0.0.0:*                           883/perl
> udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:67              
> 0.0.0.0:*                           716/dhcpd
> udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:69              
> 0.0.0.0:*                           692/xinetd
> udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:631             
> 0.0.0.0:*                           3938/cupsd
> udp        0      0 206.75.213.195:123      
> 0.0.0.0:*                           707/ntpd
> udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:123           
> 0.0.0.0:*                           707/ntpd
> udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:123             
> 0.0.0.0:*                           707/ntpd
> raw        0      0 0.0.0.0:1               0.0.0.0:*               
> 7           716/dhcpd
> 
> Yep, X is running on TCP port 6000.
> 
> Next...
> 
> Adam Voigt wrote:
> 
> >So why does nmap'ing localhost and your actual IP reveal no X11 ports?

-- 

Adam Voigt
adam kotisprop com




[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]