exchange replacement

Wade Chandler wchandler at redesetgrow.com
Thu May 13 23:13:49 UTC 2004

Craig Tinson wrote:

> Hey guys.. quick query..
>

> I read about 6 months ago of a project which was aimed at creating a
> replacement for MS Exchange Server.. that still used Outlook as a
> frontend but the backend was linux based and open source..
>

> The project was at: http://oser.sourceforge.net/
>

> I’ve just looked at it again but there doesn’t seem to have been much
> progress with it.. it does have a release but it’s the standard
> Courier/SSL Postfix and web interface.. nothing new and pretty much what
> I’m running now..
>

> My question is if anyone knows of any **other** projects that are on the
> go that incorporate more of Exchanges functionality.. shared diaries etc..
>

> Just a query as this seems to be something that would be of interest to
> a few of my customers..
>

> Cheers
>

> Craig

SuSE makes a system called Open Exchange.  You can find it at:
http://www.suse.com/us/business/products/openexchange/index.html

One might be able to see if they use 3rd party products and what they
are, or you may be interested in that.  RH and SuSE are my favorite
Linux distros.

Hope that helps.

Wade