usb probs

Ben Stringer ben at burbong.com
Fri May 14 02:52:52 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 12:25, Gene Heskett wrote:

> But whyinhell do I have to reboot just because a $500 camera is a
> flake?
>
> The usb system can see it connect once only, and once its dropped
> offline, the usb system can only see the reconnect if I reboot first.

Hi Gene,

As root, try "rmmod"ing then "insmod"ing the usb kernel modules. This
(whilst painful) should reset any problems with your USB subsystem.

Eg.
  usbcore usb-storage usbdfu hci_usb hid usb-uhc

Also check /var/log/messages to see if there are errors being reported
when the USB connection is made and dropped.

Cheers, Ben
--
.O.    Ben Stringer
..O    ben at burbong.com