Mod_auth_pam / windbind

PIGNOL, Christian christian_pignol at merck.com
Fri May 14 13:34:35 UTC 2004

Hello,

Has anyone experience of using the "mod_auth_pam" (with "pam_winbind") in
apache 2.0.48 to authorize a web directory to some NT Domain users ...
members of a domain group.

I I use the following sequence in my "httpd.conf"

	<Directory /www/MySite.aaaa.com/dir/confidential>
		AllowOverride AuthConfig
		AuthPAM_Enabled on
		AuthType Basic
		AuthName "RC"
		require		user	"MyDomain/MyUserid"
	</Directory>

It works fine ...

BUT when I try

	<Directory /www/MySite.aaaa.com/dir/confidential>
		AllowOverride AuthConfig
		AuthPAM_Enabled on
		AuthType Basic
		AuthName "RC"
		require		group	"MyDomain/MyGroup"
	</Directory>

It doesn't work and ... "configuration error:  couldn't check access.  No
groups file?: /dir/confidential/myfile.html" is the error message I find in
the apache error log.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note : The couple Samba-Winbind works fine ...

Thanks a lot in advance.

Christian PIGNOL
* (+33) 473 67 62 96
*   (+33) 473 67 61 29
*  christian_pignol at merck.com

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.