Creating ISO images in a CDRWless laptop

Fri May 14 14:42:56 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 10:18, David Colomer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Fist of all my apologies for my lack of knowledge, but I am planning to
> move my laptop from FC1 to FC2. I have a large amount of information
> that I want to put into CDs before to move to FC2.
>
> I tryed to use the CD Writer within the distribution, but no recorder
> appears (this is correct because I have none installed). I would need
> some help to create CD-images to FPT later to a server who has CDr
> installed and can burn ISO images.
>
> How can I create an ISO image without the writer?
>
> Thanks for your help and sorry about my English.

FC2 ISO images will be available when it is released in a few days
(http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/ - otherwise, you should
be posting to fedora-test-list at redhat.com).  No need to create them if
you're willing to wait until next week.

You can also install without a CD by adding an appropriate GRUB entry
and doing a network install:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-April/msg01070.html

Phil