Re: Motherboard choice for Fedora

Mick Mearns wrote:
Hello list;
  I am considering the following two motherboards.
This will be "the one" for the next 4-years or untill 64bit CPU's are
affordable.
Both are available locally.

What would you choose??
Any experiences pro/con??

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe or Gigabyte GA-7NNXP

They both use the nVidia nForce2 chipset, 400 FSB and have serial ATA.

Thanks
  Mick

=====
The glass is exactly twice as large as it needs to be.

I have the Asus board with no problems.

Not using the Sata hardware raid. I am using md for raid.

The only issue I had was the nVidia drivers, sata and networking while installing FC from CD isos not being supported. I had to download the drivers from nVidia. I am quite happy.

--
Robin Laing