Re: Running GNOME over SSH

On Fri, 14 May 2004 22:03:36 +0900 (JST), d l <popgojp yahoo co jp> wrote:

I assume you are using cygwin/X on winxp.
Modifiy /usr/X11R6/binstartxwin.sh in your cygwin root.
Instead of firing up twm, make it start gnome-session
instead.

If all you want is just to get a remote desktop, using VNC
will be far easier than fuddling with X.

Regards,
D. Lee

You are correct in that. However, not having used cygwin much, I had no clue that that script even existed. I had followed the HOWTo that had me build a new shell script to run KDE. Thanks for the tip. And yeah for the most part all I want is a remote desktop, but I'd just like to learn how to do it this way, mostly for the fun of it.