Anyone have an idea of how smooth the FC2 upgrade is going to be?

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Fri May 14 18:01:23 UTC 2004

Jeremy Brown said:

> This has been discussed before, and the unofficial response is that FC1
> will probably get security releases for 2-3 weeks past the release of
> FC2, just long enough to give users a chance to upgrade.  I suspect
> fedora.us will provide unofficial security updates for users that have
> to stick with FC1 for longer.

i think that should be months, not weeks.

if i were a millionaire, i'd find a way to keep a fc release alive for a
year for the world, that way you're only having to upgrade every other
ver, not shoved into another ver asap.

-d

+( duncan brown : duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net )+
+(  linux "just works" : www.linuxadvocate.net  )+

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing
a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be
big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT
clones"
         - Linus Torvalds, August 1991