Re: Nforce2 chipset

Hesty P wrote:

Hello all,

I'm planning to upgrade my computer and installing FC2
on it. Is there any pitfall with NForce 2 chipset that
I should be aware of? I recall some problem with the
onboard LAN with the nvnet driver. Is that resolved
now?
I'm also planning to get Radeon 9200/9600 video card.
Any problem that I should be aware of?

Running the Gigabyte GA 7N400 Pro2 for the last 6 months with no problems. This mobo uses a RealTek 8169 Gbit lan, and not the nforce NIC, so I did not need to use the close-sourced drivers from Nvidia. The Nvidia driver for the sound chip actually worked worse than the standard intel8x0 driver that the installed configured.

I also have the Radeon 9200, and it works well for 2D, and just fair for 3D with the XFree86 drivers.