Re: Nforce2 chipset

Hesty P wrote:
Hello all,

I'm planning to upgrade my computer and installing FC2
on it. Is there any pitfall with NForce 2 chipset that
I should be aware of? I recall some problem with the
onboard LAN with the nvnet driver. Is that resolved
now?

I use the "Reverse Engineered nForce Ethernet" driver in my 2.6 kernels (always build my own from kernel.org sources). No problems with it.

Just checked the 2.6.5-1.358 kernel sources from Fedora and the driver is included.

I'm also planning to get Radeon 9200/9600 video card. Any problem that I should be aware of?

Cheers,
Hesty