GPRS_Easy_Connect under Fedora

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri May 14 19:38:25 UTC 2004

I wonder if anyone has successfully used the GPRS_Easy_Connect program
from <http://www.easyconnect.linuxuser.hu> ?
This is a GUI program which is supposed to connect one's computer
to the internet via GPRS on a GSM phone.
(I'm using it with Bluetooth.)

I used the Easy Connect program a couple of years ago,
under RedHat-8.* or Redhat-9,
and don't recall any problem with it.
However, it is a real nightmare under Fedora-1.
The program requires the Tk-perl module,
which is quite hard to locate and install.

More to the point, when it was installed and run,
on pressing the Config button
I got a completely blank window with the following error message behind:
Tk::Error: bad option "side": must be -after, -anchor, -before, -expand,
-fill, -in, -ipadx, -ipady, -padx, -pady, or -side
at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/Tk/Widget.pm line
1144, <FILE> line 190.
 at /usr/bin/gprsec line 643

At the moment I'm trying to abstract a text version
from the Perl source,
but I wondered if anyone had had better luck.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366