where do I find the C header files?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri May 14 22:07:56 UTC 2004

Per Bothner wrote:
> Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>> Per Bothner wrote:
>>
>>> /lib/modules/2.6.5-1.327/build
>>

>> Uh, no.  Those are the kernel headers.  The vast majority of the headers
>> are found in /usr/include.
>

> Well, yes, but I assume he wouldn't be asking about those - the C
> compiler automatically searches /usr/include.

Yes, but the specific question was "where are the C header files?.
They're in /usr/include.  The _kernel_ header files are in
/usr/src/linux/include or /usr/src/linux-2.4/include and _pointed_ at
by /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include.

Specifics, my boy, specifics!  ;-)

Ok, I'm being picky.
- Do not taunt the sysadmins, for they are subtle and quick to anger -