My Linux partitions are lost.

John T Nelson developer at computation.com
Sat May 15 02:49:00 UTC 2004

Hey Tom,

I was afraid you'd say that. You see, my setup has Windows XP on the
second disk much like this, but when I try booting from hd1 I get dropped
into GRUB...

# Windows XP
title Windows XP
        rootnoverify    (hd1,0)
        chainloader +1
[root at uracil grub]#

I've also tried swapping the drives as follows and it still doesn't work....

# Windows XP
title Windows XP
        map (hd0) (hd1)
        map (hd1) (hd0)
        rootnoverify    (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1
[root at uracil grub]#

Both styles failed (dropped me into GRUB). Any ideas?

-- John