fc2 or not, that is the question...

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Sat May 15 19:09:21 UTC 2004

On Sat, 15 May 2004, Jay Daniels wrote:

> On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 02:30:08PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 08:16:09PM +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> > > Obviously that are rhetoric questions. On the Fedora Project site you
> > > can read that new Core releases are planned to come out just 2 times a
> > > year. And that is because Fedora intends to be leading edge, a
> >
> > Nitpick: 2-3 times / year.
>
> correct, my mistake.
>
> that's still to often.

so don't upgrade. There are still people running redhat 7.3 and as2.1 in
production environments, hell my employer still runs openvms. some people
what everything to be new and fresh and wonderful all of the time, some
people want stuff to never change.

I need more frequent feature releases than once a year or two years
because otherwise the amount of patching/bashing and wholesale package
replacement to bring our machines up to where we want them becomes rapidly
onerous. In the end no distro's update frequency will satisfy everyone's
needs or desires which is in part why there are so many of them out there
to chose from.

joelja

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu