FC2 Available for Download May 14??

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sat May 15 19:42:24 UTC 2004

William Hooper wrote:

>Ted Gervais said:
>

>>Is that true that release 2 (Tettnang) is out?
>>

>http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/
>
>"18  	May  	Release open, announced"

Probably Ted is confused , as people have already posted the contents of
/etc/fedora-release from any FC2T3 updated machine... I have a FC2 test
3 install here and after all updates , /etc/fedora-releasever contains
"Fedora Core 2 (Tettnang)" (not sure if it is all , as I'm running
windoze now)... You can say that I have a final FC2 .. maybe I have ...
I dont know for sure... But I'll only say I have FC2 final when I
reinstall it using the official FC2 stable isos... :D
If you are in extreme need to have FC2 , you can try to download FC2T3 ,
install it and update...  but remmember that is an unsupported migration
(from FC2T3 to FC2) ... I guess I'll wait till tuesday , then dl it
slowly (as I have a slow 256Kb/s  connection) and next weekend I install
it :)

--
Pedro Macedo