Re: Multiple X Sessions on one Box

Justin Churchey wrote:

Ctrl+Alt+Backspace

kill the X-server

you mean [alt]+[ctrl]+[Fx]
and than [alt]+[Fx]

to bring up
another login screen so that another user could log
into the box w/out terminating another users session.

do you know

$ ssh
$ su -
$ sudo

Then, to bring up the various different sessions you
could hit Ctrl+Alt+F<session #> to switch b/t the
different logged in users.

I used this b/c my desktop was in the living room of
an apartment w/ multiple users.  I was wondering if a
similar thing could be done w/ FC 1.  It was a gr8
feature that I'd like to start using again.

do you know:

gdm,kdm,xdm  Xnest, X -query, ...
$ startx -- :1     [alt]+[ctrl]+[F7][F8]
ssh  X11Forwarding
$ xhost +hostA
$ export DISPLAY=hostA:0; xterm
workspaces