Prepare the computer for a FC2 install from scratch

Zoltan Boszormenyi zboszor at freemail.hu
Sun May 16 15:28:23 UTC 2004

Coume - Lubox.com írta:
>>On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 02:58:06PM +0000, Coume - Lubox.com wrote:
>>>btw, will FC2 support UTF8? Cos' I'd love to stop having all those
>>>characters problems...
>>
>>Yes, pretty nicely.
>

> Which means, if I'm right, I will be able to see the filename of files created under WIN which includes é è etc...
 > cos' now they are display with a square under konqueror or sometimes
 > with no char with other tools...
>
> Ludo

There were always the codepage= (which code page the files names stored
on the disk) and iocharset= (the character set you use on your Linux)
mount options, e.g.:

mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows -o codepage=852,iocharset=utf8

I used it on machines with Hungarian Windows9x with iocharset=iso-8859-2
with RH 7.3, iocharset=utf-8 with RH 8.0+.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi