[FC1] Re: basic list mail content: FC1 or FC2

Sun May 16 16:27:34 UTC 2004

> - Should posters (nearly) always start their postings with a preface,
> stating whether it is Fedora Core 1 or Fedora Core 2?
Yep, why not try the [FC1] or [FC2] at the beginning of the subject line?
It is something I often use on forums and even new comers quickly start to use that way of doing when seeing al the thread starting with that.
Furthermore, it is quick then people would not be anoyed to do

> - Should that be a guideline whether the poster with a question or
> problem knows if the question / problem is release specific or whether
> he does not know?
I don't know if it is possbile to know to what is due to... Lots of persons might post it thinking it FC
 related when it's not....

> - Should the standard information maybe come from: "cat
> /etc/fedora-release"? ->
> Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow)
> Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang)
It could be good if such thing could come automatically in all the signatures, but if people have to cat fedora-release I do not know if much person will take time, nor think about it.
I'm not a real newbie, I have been using Linux for over 2 years now, but I only discovered the cat command 2 months ago...

My 2 euro cents
Ludo