help Stuck!!!

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Sun May 16 18:53:41 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 13:11, M. Calvin Kashevarof wrote:
> I've been usinge fedora for a couple months now and got bored and
> changed my security settings and changed my login to gnome login and
> now i cant sign in. it says authentication failed i changed my
> password as superuser and it still says authentication failed. i dont
> know what security tabs i pushed either????? help i need to get back
> in my accounts!!

    Well, to start....Don' do that!  :>

    I haven't tried it recently, but I've booted from the Cd's (updating
no packages) and managed to get it to straighten out.  Beware- this was
true of RH 7/8/9 but Fedora might have changed. I'm pretty sure it will,
for FC2, having SELinux and all that.

    For the longest time, for almost all forms of Unix, booting into
single-user mode will allow that, too.  It's figured that, if you have
physical access, you're probably authorized; this isn't true of
ssh/telnet/etc.

    I won't be back for another 10-12 hours; if you're still stuck and
still able to communicate, I can try to help with it, then.  Got ICQ?
That helps a lot...
Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller
angegangen, Schlange-Hüften, sein es ganz rüber jetzt. Bügel innen fest,
weil es eine lange, süsse Fahrt ist.