New httpd patch bad?

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Sun May 16 23:20:33 UTC 2004

Alexander...you did it!!!

> > PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library './xmlrpc.so' -
> > ./xmlrpc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in
> > Unknown on line 0
> > [Sun May 16 14:20:30 2004] [notice] Apache/2.0.49 (Fedora) configured --
> > resuming normal operations
>
> > Any ideas?
>
> You broke your PHP. What's the content of "/usr/lib/php4/"? Does it
> contain all the shared object files? If so, did you accidentally change
> permissions?

No, but your post reminded me that when I upgraded my apache server to
2.0.49, the new version of php wasn't there. I didn't think that would
cause a problem...but obviously it did. I just checked the Fedora core
testing RPMS, and found and installed them. That solved everything.
Thanks!!!

E-mail: gilbert at niu.edu                                               ***