Headless dedicated server running FC1, how do I get FC2?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon May 17 02:07:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 09:50:08AM +1000, Bill Williamson wrote:
> -What do I do once FC1 stops updating?

With Fedora Legacy, you've got some time.

> --begin rant, ignore this bit--
> I'm trying not to get livid at this revelation, but this really is a
> crappy thing to do to early adopters.  I loved the idea of a yum/apt
> based RH that was constantly updating, and was amoung those who defended
> FC against all the unfounded FUD being spread.  Now I'm being hung out
> to dry, whereas had I done what everyone was screaming and just gone to
> debian or gentoo, I'd be fine.

(Failing to ignore....)

I dunno why you think this is a "crappy thing", given that it's never worked
before. (For some definition of work, that is. In any case, it certainly
does't work *less* than it did before.)

Anyway, I wouldn't want to be stuck in this situation with *any*
distribution.