camera revisited

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Mon May 17 05:38:13 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 12:14, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 14 May 2004 04:46, Andy Green wrote:
> >
> >On Friday 14 May 2004 05:42, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> Previously, the module usb_storage, built into the kernel, seemed
> >> to handle it well enough that I could at least "mount -t
> >> vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera" and download the pix (provided I
> >> deleted them from the camera in the reverse order of their being
> >> taken that is)
> >
> >I experienced something similar yesterday on a machine here: I had
> > to fall back to kernel -322 in order to get usb storage working
> > again.
> >
> Thats a 2.4 series kernel, right?  I'm running 2.6.5-mm6 or higher.
Just my 2c, I have a sony 3.2 cybershot p-52. When I upgraded my kernel
from 2.4 to 2.6 the camera no longer loaded as removable storage. The
reason for this in my case was because you need to set the camera to PTP
mode and then use gtkam, It is a bit wierd but this applies both in
MDK10 and FC2. I just assume some where some-one has planned it this
way.
Anybody?
--
Chadley - Linux Rocks