FC2 installer problems

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Mon May 17 12:55:30 UTC 2004

On May 17, 2004 at 08:05, Andre Robatino in a soothing rage wrote:

[...]
>  The second problem affects my 5 year old Emachines 333cs.  I tried
>running the installer, but if I try anything to get past the initial
>screen, it reboots and I'm back where I started.  I tried simply hitting
>enter, then "linux mediacheck", "linux acpi=off apm=off", "linux
>noprobe".  (The machine has a BIOS bug and needs both ACPI and APM
>disabled with the 2.4 kernel, this is bug #39191.)  Is anyone else
>experiencing this?  I'd rather install on the old machine first if
>possible.
Unfortunately, as FC2 has not been officially released as yet,
we can't help you. Better wait until it is officially released.
I know it is real hard to be patient. It is a virtue tho.

N.Emile...
A fail-safe circuit will destroy others.
		-- Klipstein
 08:53:46  up 57 days, 21:26,  4 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.05, 0.01