Re: Heresy Help

Am Mo, den 17.05.2004 schrieb Chalonec Roger um 13:26:

> I know this may sound like heresy to lots of Linux/Fedora folks but has
> anyone ever been able to support Microsoft FrontPage extensions on a
> Fedora Apache web server?  I have downloaded the scripts from the devil
> but was wondering if anyone has experience with this.   Or is there an
> easier way than using Microsoft provided extensions?  I am running FC1
> with the bundled Apache web server which was incredibly easy to set up
> and use.
>
> Thanks
>
> Roger

These FrontPage extensions are just a proprietary Apache module, causing
security risks.

Better use WebDAV. It is already part of Apache2 and you are not limited
to one specific (even awful) webpage creator software. See

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_dav.html

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 14:08:47 up 4 days, 11:53, load average: 0.20, 0.16, 0.10
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]