Re: Problems with Fedora PHP and Apache

William Hooper wrote:
John Nichel said:
[snip]

<gripe>
Install from source, not RPM's.

Why?

Custom configuration. And such things as MySQL (the php-mysql rpm is compiled against the 3.x libraries), but since I use 4.x, I would rather compile with that.

Read the PHP recomendation about NOT
using Apache2 and PHP together.
</gripe>

I defer to Joe Orton's response.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/taroon-list/2004-May/msg00188.html

I like how Joe calls it FUD by _some_ members of the PHP community. How about THE member of the PHP community? I defer to just one of the many Ramsus Lerdorf responses....

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&m=107920318223044&w=2

--
John C. Nichel
KegWorks.com