problem with up2date

up2date crashed while installing some openoffice updates, so i closed it
and reopened.  Now it shows that hpijs (size 0 kb)is available to
install.  When I select it to install, I get the error message " the
total size of selected packages is 0 kb, but you only have 0 kb of free
space.  Please unselect some packages and continue".

Obviously, something is wrong.  Any suggestions?

Earl