problem with up2date

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Mon May 17 14:54:44 UTC 2004

Earl Eiland said:
> up2date crashed while installing some openoffice updates, so i closed it
> and reopened.  Now it shows that hpijs (size 0 kb)is available to
> install.  When I select it to install, I get the error message " the
> total size of selected packages is 0 kb, but you only have 0 kb of free
> space.  Please unselect some packages and continue".

give us the output of

df -h

also, why don't you use yum?  go to fedora.redhat.com and select a mirror
and put that into your yum.conf in place of what's already there.  i've
yet to have an issue with yum, and most people on this list would also
recommend it.

-d

+( duncan brown : duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net )+
+(  linux "just works" : www.linuxadvocate.net  )+

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing
a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be
big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT
clones"
         - Linus Torvalds, August 1991