Network installation worked but network does not work now

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon May 17 16:13:44 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 17.05.2004 schrieb Stephen Johns um 20:59:

> I just installed Fedora using the book disk and the network disk. I installed by FTP from one of the mirrors.
> Everything worked OK but now when I boot up Fedora it says that there is a problem with the cable.
> Checked and switched cables with working cables. Same problem.
>
> Without touching cables tried my 2 setup disks again and no problem reaching the mirrors.
>
> Is there a difference between network properties in the boot disks and installed Fedora.
>
> It's Fedora 1 and the firewall is off.
>
> Thanks

Which network card do you have and which module is used for it?

lspci -> shows detected hardware
cat /etc/modules.conf -> see the alias for eth0

What does both commands print out?

ethtool eth0
mii-tool eth0

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 18:11:51 up 4 days, 15:56, load average: 0.42, 0.43, 0.31
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]