kernel 2.6 and KVM's

Aaron P. Martinez ml at proficuous.com
Mon May 17 17:46:09 UTC 2004

-------snip
> > Quick question, has anyone found either a hardware setup or a
> > configuration tweek which will allow you to use the wheel mouse
> > with a KVM device (Curently I use the Belkin SOHO 4port + audio) under
> > the 2.6* kernels.
> >
> > As with most posts, I to have to reboot if I switch from one to
> > another.  I have three devices (winxp, and two fedora servers) and I
> > really REALLY need to find
> > a work around to the wheel mouse issue WITHOUT having to reboot.  Maybe
> > I have missed something while googling but can anyone point me in the
> > right direction.

I've had this issue with belkin kvm's, and rectified it switching
brands.  I'm not sure if this is an option for you however.  I'm using a
tripplite now and all works great.  I contacted belkin a while back and
they said the issues would be resolved in newer models.  My dilemma was
i lost my mouse when switching to the windows manchine.  They had no
fix.

I think that you may have to use the earlier suggestion of going to
console mode and back to the gui.

> > Vernon Fort

Aaron