Problems with Fedora PHP and Apache

John Nichel john at kegworks.com
Mon May 17 18:16:02 UTC 2004

William Hooper wrote:
> Adam Voigt said:
>
>>On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 13:56, William Hooper wrote:
>>
>>>Let get your analogy correct:  Henry Ford says the new tires have a
>>>problem with Ford's brakes and he won't use them (aka your 'PHP
>>>people')... But Ford uses the exact same new tires and brakes on a good
>>>percentage of it's delivery trucks (aka mirror sites).  Again, actions
>>>speak louder than words.
>>
>>Ok, I'm confused, are you saying the PHP "group" says don't use the
>>apache 2 series, but then do anyway?
>

> I'm saying that at least 2 of the official PHP.net mirror servers say
> "Don't use Apache 2", but are running Apache 2.

They are just mirroring the content of PHP.net.  What does it matter
what the mirror runs?  They are just providing a service, not the
content.  I don't even think that would make the mirror sites
hypocritical, since it is not their opinion they're expressing, but that
of the PHP group (again, not just some users of PHP, but the opinion of
the people who make PHP).

--
John C. Nichel
KegWorks.com