Making a playable DVD on FC1/FC2

I have the contents of a DVD made by a friend, i.e. a directory called VIDEO_TS containing all the video files. I've been able to burn this to a DVD+R using Windows tools successfully but I'm trying to avoid Windows if I can.

However when I use mkisofs to create an ISO of the directory and burn it to a DVD+R using dvdrecord I can mount the DVD and see the video_ts (shows up as lowercase BTW) but I can't play it with either xine or ogle.

Are there any special options I should be passing to mkisofs or dvdrecord to make this playable?

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org