Making a playable DVD on FC1/FC2

Gregory Gulik greg at gulik.org
Mon May 17 21:30:52 UTC 2004

I have the contents of a DVD made by a friend, i.e. a directory called
VIDEO_TS containing all the video files.  I've been able to burn this to
a DVD+R using Windows tools successfully but I'm trying to avoid Windows
if I can.

However when I use mkisofs to create an ISO of the directory and burn it
to a DVD+R using dvdrecord I can mount the DVD and see the video_ts
(shows up as lowercase BTW) but I can't play it with either xine or ogle.

Are there any special options I should be passing to mkisofs or
dvdrecord to make this playable?

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org