Re: Problems getting 2 NICs to work.

Am Mo, den 17.05.2004 schrieb Kevin Kimmell um 23:19:

> I know that the NIC is fine as I've got the same system on Win2k3 server
> setup in the same fasion and it's working fine. So perhaps this is an
> issue specific to the Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit
> Ethernet?

It seems to be a driver module issue (too). Did you search google for
hints? Dependent on what you can google choosing FC2 which comes out in
a few hours could be a valid choice (it has kernel 2.6.x and newer
drivers on board).

> Any ideas? How about setting the 2nd IP address as a virtual device off
> of the eth0 interface. Would that serve to prove or disprove the
> possibility of it being a problem specific to fedorac1 & this card?

Aliased device usage like eth0:0 will be no solution path, as you can
not assign a total different network to an aliased device.

> Thanks,
> Kevin

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 23:52:10 up 4 days, 21:36, load average: 0.37, 0.28, 0.27
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]