Re: The future of Diskette bootstraps

Guy Fraser wrote:

I would presume that boot floppies should be around for a little while longer but floppies are too small to be used much longer.

I have been noticing more and more computers being sold that don't come with floppy drives anymore. I'm not just talking about Mac's either. We have a bunch of little machines we use for single purpose servers, and they don't come with a floppy or CD, so we hookup a CD to get the install started and do a network install.

Good luck.

Two possibilities:
1 - some machines have support to network boot. Maybe try this?
2 - I dont know if Fedora Core 2 will have it , but during test , a pendrive image was released , so you could boot from USB..

--
Pedro Macedo