A few Core 2 issues

Mark Lane mark at harddata.com
Mon May 17 22:54:27 UTC 2004

On May 17, 2004 04:02 pm, alan <alan at clueserver.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 May 2004, Mark Lane wrote:

> > > I have everything turned up to its max volume.
> >
> > That sounds like a speaker/amp issue. Especially since an upgrade from
> > FC1 to FC2 means a change in from OSS to Alsa sound drivers.
>
> I think the volume control he wants is on the OSS volume controls. The pcm
> slider is the second from the left.  (I am on my laptop at work so I
> cannot check what it is called. It will not upgrade to FC2 due to
> pcmcia/pci fubarage.)  After booting the system it is always set to zero
> on my system. Probably on his too.

the ossmixer controls should be mapped to the alsamixer controls (as long as
module snd-mixer-oss is loaded) though for some cards this fails.

see

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=Mapping+oss+mixer+controls+to+alsa+mixer
Mark Lane, CET mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd. http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771   F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--