Re: FC2 BitTorrent URL's

alan wrote:

There was a torrent link to FC2 posted on Slashdot over the weekend. Was that the legit version of something bogus? (To busy to find out. Not enough left-over bandwidth to try.)

It may be legit. I'm downloading the iso images from there. The MD5SUM passes the gpg check and doing a strings search on one of the disks shows interesting text , like the command line used to create the disk set (which is almost the same as the command used to create the test 3 cds , which is a good sign , considering that these images are built by a script). Also , I found the license agreement shown in firstboot and it clearly contains the string "Fedora Core 2"... I dont know if the md5sums are the same as the official , but we'll only know when the mirrors open...

--
Pedro Macedo