cd burning utilities

Mike Bartman omni at omniphile.com
Tue May 18 00:38:13 UTC 2004

At 06:55 AM 5/14/04 -0500, David L Norris wrote:

>nautilus-cd-burner should automatically open when you insert a blank
>CD-R or CD-RW.  (Although a kernel bug prevents it from working with
>external drives.)

How does it know they are external?

My CD Burner on one system is external...SCSI.  The SCSI card has a cable
for the internal drives, and a connector for external cables for the
external drive (and scanner), but it's all one big SCSI bus...no way to
tell what's internal or external.  I haven't tried this with Linux (that
system is running WinNT), but I can't see how it would care about where the
drive is physically located.

Or did you mean there's a bug that prevents it working with USB/Parallel
drives?

-- Mike Bartman
The Boulder Pledge: "Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything
offered to me as the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I
forward chain letters, petitions, mass mailings, or virus warnings
to large numbers of others. This is my contribution to the survival of the
online community."