L440GX+ board

Hey all.

I'm trying to install FC 1 on a VA Linux system which has a L440GX+
motherboard and a SCSI card. At installation, the aic7xxx modules
starts to load but the installation stops at this point.

I've tried every combinaison of "noprobe noacpi smp pci=biosirq"
that I can think of but still can't make the install continue.

Is there anyway to make this work?
Will FC2 be better in this respect?

Emmanuel