Re: Failed Shutdown of System Message Bus

Beach Kid wrote:
I just installed Fedora 1 last Saturday onto my hard drive.  It is a
dual boot into Windows 98 SE and Fedora.

Upon shutting down, I get a "Failed" message for closing down
the "System Message Bus."   I also get a "Failed" message when
the "Killall" prompt come up for stopping System Message Bus.
Underneath the "Killall", I also get a "Failed" on a blank line.

I have a direct connection to Internet via cable from the local
cable television company and do not have a local network.

How can I get an "OK" message when closing down the System
Message Bus?

Thanks,

Ken Green

If you don't use it, why not just disable it? I'm not even sure what it is, but I'm pretty sure it never existed in RH8.0 or 9 so it probably isn't needed?

Regards,
Ed.