L440GX+ board

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue May 18 06:19:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 17:36, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> Hey all.
>
> I'm trying to install FC 1 on a VA Linux system which has a L440GX+
> motherboard and a SCSI card. At installation, the aic7xxx modules
> starts to load but the installation stops at this point.

> Is there anyway to make this work?

I solved that by hacking the installer. If you mangle the installer's
kernel, it will work.

> Will FC2 be better in this respect?

FC2test3 works on L440GX+ if you boot up the installer with the "linux
acpi=force" parameter at the very first prompt (instead of simply
hitting Enter). I assume FC2 final release will be the same.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/