Re: Not booting from cdrom

That is probably the problem... I downloaded them on a windows machine and burned them on with roxio. Any recommendations of how to burn them?

Jeremy

From: "Dick Brown" <dikbrown qwest net>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list redhat com>
Subject: Re: Not booting from cdrom
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 00:14:35 -0700

Are you able to boot from any bootable CD (e.g., the RH7 install disk)? Have you checked that the CDs are actually bootable? Did you download the .iso files and burn them correctly? (If they're not burned correctly, you'll just see the .iso file on the disk and they won't be bootable (that's what happened to me when I first tried burning the Fedora .iso's).

Dick

Jeremy Harrison wrote:

Hey,

I'm kinda new to installing linux on my computer... So I downloaded fedora and put it on a disc. THen I put it in my computer and rebooted, but it will not boot from the cdrom. I currently have redhat 7 installedwhich installed fine when I put it on. Anyone know what I need to do?

Jeremy