Not booting from cdrom

d l popgojp at yahoo.co.jp
Tue May 18 12:25:26 UTC 2004

Given your system is set up properly(e.g. bios), 99% of
time cdrom boot problem originates from drive/media
incompatibilty.

Even the media you have just burnt can be mounted and read
correctly in the OS, the bios can still fail to load the
boot sector of the cd during POST.

Save yourself from wasting 2hrs testing the cds/drives,
get a reasonabily new drive(preferably burner) and swap
out the one doesnt boot.

--- Norton Trevisan Roman
<Norton.Roman at itri.brighton.ac.uk>
からのメッセージ: